- Public-sector controlled start-up company in North Yorkshire, providing broadband connectivity and services.
- Assessed feasibility of alternative models to develop next-gen broadband infrastructures/stimulate economic growth in North Yorkshire. Developed business case and secured £16m+ of capital funding/underwriting to establish the enterprise.
- Provided long-term executive management (CEO and FD posts plus ad-hoc consultancy support).
- Company secured 85% of addressable public sector business in 2 years- primarily health, education and local government- with secured contracted revenues of £76m. Achieved £8.3m pa turnover and £48k retained profits after 4 years’ trading in a high capital value sector with typically long returns on investment (10 years+).
- Nominated as one of the 4 NGA broadband pilots. Secured a further £25m of funding to achieve >96% coverage.
- Successfully completed full Competitive Dialogue procurement for £50m contract in just over twelve month period.